Weyburn Soccer Association
Weyburn Soccer is providing all our coaches with this policy relating to behaviour and discipline issues. WSA hopes this will assist you in making your coaching experience as enjoyable as possible. In cases where behaviour problems arise we are providing these guidelines so that all coaches act consistently and problems are dealt with as they arise. We expect that addressing and communicating these issues as they occur will help to make your season run as smoothly as possible.
It is important to remember that the soccer pitch is a place for lots of activity, burning up energy through running, kicking, playing and laughing. However some behaviours are not acceptable and need to be dealt with in an appropriate manner. These include: disobeying the coach, physically dangerous or violent activities, threats & intimidation, taunting or name calling, exclusion of other children, and swearing.
If you find you are having these behaviour issues with the children please follow these steps in dealing with the children.
- Stop the child and advise them that their behaviour is unacceptable and that next time they will have to sit off and miss a turn.
- If the behaviour continues after the child has sat off for one shift, advise them again that their behaviour is unacceptable and that next time they will have to sit off for the remainder of the game.
- If a child is forced to sit off a second time the coach will contact the Division Chair and inform them of the situation. The Division Chair is responsible for contacting the WSA Discipline Committee and explaining the circumstances of the removal. The WSA Discipline Committee will contact the parents to inform them that the child was removed from playing and explain the circumstances for removal.
- The Division Chair and a member of the WSA discipline committee will attend the field to observe the child as he plays his next game.
- If there is a continuing problem or a major incident (coach or referee abuse) the discipline committee will then make a decision whether child can continue as a member of the Weyburn Soccer Association. Written notice will be sent to the parents advising them the child has been expelled from the Association and is not allowed to play for the remainder of the season.
- Any expelled club member may request a review hearing before the executive committee to request reinstatement.
If you find that you children are not attending on a regular basis:
- The coach is to discuss the issue with the Division Chair and contact the parents of the children to see if there is a problem that can be corrected
- If you are unable or uncomfortable talking to the parents, talk to your Division Chair who can make the contact with the parents.
- If warranted the Division Chair can communicate the issue to the board and the board will address the situation further.